Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bumps and Bruises

A little over a week ago we went to a friends pool to do what else? Some swimming. They have a slide and Ryker insisted he was going to conquer the slide this time. He had gone up the stairs and down it 2 times before his fall. Brian was always at the stairs to assist him and I at the bottom to catch. This ONE time he got to the stairs and about 6 feet up before one of us could get over to him(the are so QUICK). Unfortunately, what I pictured happening did. He took his hand of the railing and fell pretty hard onto concrete(his face in the dirt) I nearly had a stroke at that very moment. He had a little bleeding in his mouth and got pretty scratched up. Also, a mini black eye for about two days after. I am positive I now have a grey hair somewhere on my head, if not 3 or 4. It was his first BIG accident that is for sure. About 5 min later he was still saying he wanted to go swimming. (we left anyways) He is 100% healed now of course and back to his full self.



No comments: