Friday, July 8, 2011

The TERRIBLE 2's

Today....Today started out bad about 3 minutes into it. Ryker had a VERY whiney, dramatic, day. Everything that anyone tells you about the so called "terrible twos", happened today with Ryker. I have never claimed that Ryker is perfect, but he generally is a laid back kid with his occasional spaz out moments. But today, today it was all rolled into one for me. We started the day with a trip to the museum with friends for the museums mascots, 6Th birthday celebration. Cupcakes and Disney radio channel included. He had fun, but I think it may have been a little too much going on. The day also included a full out break away from me by Ryker. If you don't know what I mean exactly, I mean that he turned and took off away from me so fast it made my head spin. Luckily as I was chasing him in the mall and yelling at him to stop(I was THAT mom), a very kind lady grabbed him and said, is he yours?? from across the mall. He was in T.R.O.U.B.L.E after that. We had a talking in the bathroom(since of course he had an accident too) and he was ok after that. It was a very testing day to say the least. Don't get me wrong, the majority of days outweigh days like this that remind me, that I am 150% blessed to have him in my life, but...wow..today was a doozie. Here are some photos of his "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" acts. Enjoy!

It basically went from this...







..to this in 3.25 seconds



























Me







He will be a fantastic big brother someday







Blaise and Ryker







Our friends that joined us.























On a different note, today makes day 3 of my lifestyle change. I have walked/jogged about 7 miles total in the last 3 days. In this heat, and in my shape(or lack of shape) I am proud of it. It has been hard and very painful, but Im finding this odd will inside me telling me to just keep going, and it feels great. :)

2 comments:

dawnj66 said...

Homey we all have days like this which O would take gladly than the opposite! It was a gun eventful day with both the boys! Your an awesome Mom! Btw so proud of your new lifestyle keep it up! You inspire me!

dawnj66 said...

Not Homey it was suppose to say Honey! Lol this auto correct sucks sometimes!